The BMW Concept 1 Series tii has been lightened through the use of carbon fiber on the hood and other trim elements like the rear diffuser insert, mirror covers, gurney flap, and intakes on the front air dam.
BMW 1 SERIES tii CONCEPT
• Design study based on the BMW 1 Series Coupé with an uncompromising focus on motorsport.
• BMW Concept 1 Series tii as a young interpretation of classic
BMW brand values.
Implementation of specific requirements for motorsport ensured through the design of the car.
• Design study following the tradition of BMW's compact, light and extremely
sporting coupés. The characteristic features of models particularly
successful in motorsport have gone straight into BMW Concept 1 Series tii.
• BMW Concept 1 Series tii underlines the extremely sporting potential and the youthful, temperamental character of the BMW 1 Series. The design study raises the focus on pure driving pleasure already associated with the BMW 1 Series Coupé to an even higher standard.
• As the fifth concept car presented by BMW in 2007 alone, BMW Concept 1 Series tii clearly demonstrates the exceptional bandwidth covered by
the world's leading manufacturer of premium cars. Following the
BMW M3 Concept Car, the BMW Concept CS and the BMW Concept X6/BMW Concept X6 ActiveHybrid, BMW Concept 1 Series tii stands
out as a unique symbol of maximum driving pleasure also in the compact segment.
• Through its unique, completely different design, BMW Concept 1 Series tii clearly emphasises its outstanding potential in driving dynamics.
• Optimised aerodynamics on the body with individual, distinctive
design of the front air dam, side-sills and rear air dam. Special gurney flaps generating additional downforce on the rear axle.
• Further enhancement of agility and efficiency through consistent lightweight engineering using carbon components inter alia on the engine compartment lid, the mirror caps, and the inlays for the front air intakes
at the side. Significant reduction of weight versus series production cars.
• Sporting, accentuated, contrasting and, at the same time, typical BMW colour scheme on the exterior and interior. The body colour Alpine White is combined with the very dark carbon structure of the CFP elements, with further highlights added in Blue.
• BMW Concept 1 Series tii takes up striking features of former motorsport models in many of its details: fins along the engine compartment
lid to optimise the flow of air, contrasting colour scheme on the engine compartment lid, decal strips on the roof of the car and the rear lid in contrasting colour, visible, open towing fixture.
• Authentic interpretation of specific motorsport standards through the concept of the interior design as well as colours and material design.
• Sports bucket seats with integrated headrests and side airbags,
three-spoke sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with alcantara cover, model-specific door linings, door closing handles and armrest on the driver's side.
• The contrasting colour scheme (Black, White, Blue) and the various functions and features derived from motorsport also characterise the interior of BMW Concept 1 Series tii.
• The white rev counter highlights this instrument of particular significance in motorsport, the sports steering wheel with its white spokes and trim taking up the exterior colour scheme.
• Use of dark alcantara on the door linings and the instrument panel prevents reflections and accentuates the driver-oriented design and configuration of the cockpit. Alcantara on the seats, the steering wheel rim and the gearshift knob optimises side support and, respectively, the driver's grip.
• The newly developed structure tissue for the footwell accentuates the sporting and functional character of the interior.